Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Shining By Stephen King

First of all, I'd just like to say...
WOOT WOOT, STEPHEN KING.

Alright, so I've just picked up the shining. I'm reading it for... Student structured reading? Something structured reading. Idunno. anyways, so... yeah. Stephen King, one of the greatest horror writers of our time.

I haven't read very far, seeing as how I just got it from the library 20 minutes ago, however, what I've read so far is excellent. King has a real knack for being able to describe the characters, how they look, how they feel, and all that jazz, without droning on and on and on with an endless string of adjectives.

So... Yeah, basically the story so far is this guy who really needs a job applies to this hotel, which according to his five-year-old son (who, by the way, is a psychic) is evil. He gets the job, not because the interviewer Who is, an "Officious little prick" likes him, but because the owner of he hotel says that he specifically should be hired as the winter caretaker. So... Yeah, back to the evilness. He can't get another job because this hotel is in East Jesus Nowhere, so they have to stay with all of the eviltude.. That's as far as I've gotten.

1 comment:

  1. SSR = Silent Sustained Reading - just like DEAR (Drop Everthing and Read). I'm glad you like your book!

    ReplyDelete